Monday, July 19, 2010

The Workaholic in Me Has No Understanding of 'Summer Break'


Summertime... I guess at some point the summer meant "break" to me but I can't really recall the last time I actually equated the two. Even on summer breaks from college, I was working on something. When I think of who I am, I equate alot of that to my ability to work. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing but I love what I do and I do what I love and that passion shows through in my work ethic.

I wouldn't say I'm at a workaholic level. With the kids with me for the summer, workaholic isn't even possible but I will say this: the workaholic in me does not get the idea of 'summer vacation'... but my children do. So I'm learning how to deal with lower levels of productivity but increased levels of fun and laughter. It's an awkward classroom to be in but, as my daughter says, "I'm lovin' it!" (at least trying to...).

No comments: